GoRobinsons is Robinsons Retail Holdings, Inc.’s (RRHI) first online store. True to RRHI’s mission to continuously engage and delight shoppers with products and services relevant to their needs, GoRobinsons makes it easy and convenient for everyone to shop for their essentials from their trusted brands anywhere, anytime. Starting with basic essentials from Robinsons Supermarkets, consumers can now shop online for their grocery needs and have these delivered right at their door step.
Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether recorded in a material from or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
Why do we collect your personal data?
To enable us to comply with the corporate policies and with regulatory requirements being observed by GoRobinsons as a controller, processor and third party, it is important that GoRobinsons collects, uses, stores and retains your personal data when it is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- For you to have a better online shopping experience;
- For you to place an order and for us to identify and contact you, verify and confirm your order;
- For you to create an account and when you log-in, you will be able to:
- Store items in your shopping cart between visits
- Proceed through checkout faster when making a purchase
- Check the status of orders
- View past orders
- Check your accumulated points in your loyalty card
- Make changes to your account information
- Update your account profile, and
- Store alternative addresses (for shipping to multiple family members and friends!);
- For you to provide reviews in our products and services;
- For you to subscribe/unsubscribe to our e-newsletters;
- To generate statistical insights;
- To conduct research and analysis (through surveys or polls) in order to improve customer experience/satisfaction;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information;
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently; and,
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email) about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites, discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications.
- To comply with GoRobinsons’ obligations under law and as required by government organizations and/or;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
What type of personal data do we collect?
The types of personal data that we will collect from you depends on the particular purpose and/or position for which you are submitting an application. The common type of data collected by GoRobinsons from you, generally includes the following:
- Basic personal information such as full name, nickname, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers, username and password;
- Sensitive personal information such as date of birth, age, occupation, and gender; and,
- Other sensitive personal information and records such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Educational background
- Employment record
- Family background
- Civil Status
- Spouse and children’s names
- Financial details (e.g., credit card details)
- Valid identification cards and licenses, and
- Current salary, basic pay, statutory obligations such as HDMF or Pag-IBIG, SSS, PhilHealth and withholding tax, and other benefits.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all such personal data you submit through the website is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Is the website using web analytics?
Cookies are small files that our website puts on your PC to store info about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing our website to remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain our website. If you don’t want our website/mobile application to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from our website/mobile application letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view that our website/mobile application.
Data generated is shared with any other party. For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
- Your IP address,
- The search terms you used,
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site,
- The date and time you visited the site,
- The referring site or platform (if any) through which you clicked through to this website,
- Your operating system, and
- Web browser type.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive (a) cookie(s) or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive (a) cookie(s). Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
What about the links to third-party websites?
To whom do we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as noted below.
By giving your consent, you authorize GoRobinsons to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
GoRobinsons is very sensitive to privacy issues and we are especially careful in any communications with one of our most treasured customers – children. GoRobinsons would never collect personal data from children directly, without the parent’s consent.
Personal data collected from children is used solely by GoRobinsons or other entities that provide technical, fulfillment or other services to GoRobinsons. For example, such entities may provide services, such as, improving our services/web sites, and fulfilling requests or administering promotions. These personal data are not sold.
Meanwhile, we urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Any personal data that you provide on the website is initially processed and stored by GoRobinsons. Using a secured connection, only authorized GoRobinsons personnel can then access and download your personal data from the website.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
Where and how long do we keep your personal data?
GoRobinsons reserves the right to retain your personal data in our files located in the Philippines under certain circumstances such as when your personal data may be necessary to resolve disputes, or if GoRobinsons is required to do so by law or in the good faith; provided that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or protect and defend the rights or property of GoRobinsons or its affiliates. If GoRobinsons is required to retain any portion of your personal data for such purposes, it shall use reasonable efforts to limit such data to what is necessary to accomplish the particular purpose.
How can you access, correct and update the personal data we have about you?
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
110 E. Rodriguez Junior Avenue, Quezon City
Office: TELEPHONE NUMBER loc. (+632) 86311252
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Our decisions to provide such access or consider any request for correction, erasure and objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records are always subject to any exceptions under applicable and relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.
To cover for the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested, we may charge you minimal and reasonable fees based on administrative costs we incurred.